NextGenSeek’s Link Roundup For This Week is weekly post (every Friday) that gives the links to interesting stories on all things related to next-gen sequencing and more. Here are the links for the week 13/07.
NY Times’s Nuanced Look at New Cancer Treatments
NYTimes ran a three part series titled “Genetic Gamble” on Fighting Cancer in new ways. These cancer stories are worth a read if you missed them early this week.
- A Race to Leukemia’s Source: A New Treatment’s Tantalizing Promise Brings Heartbreaking Ups and Downs
- Promise and Heartbreak: In Treatment for Leukemia, Glimpses of the Future
- What a Tumor Holds in Store: A Life-Death Predictor Adds to a Cancer’s Strain
The Arsenic Life ended with new publications in Science showing evidence against the original Arsenic opaper. Revisit the Arsenic-gate by reading the great blog post by phylogenomics
- 2010 “Arsenic found in DNA”, 2012 “We never claimed arsenic was in the DNA” WTF?
- Science Friday Looks at Arsenic DNA results and discusses What happens when scientists get it wrong?