RECOMB-Seq 2014, satellite workshop for sequence analysis methods to be held just before the main RECOMB conference at Pittsburgh has announced the list of accepted papers. The RECOMB-Seq accepted papers will be published in a special proceedings issue of BMC Bioinformatics. Here are the titles of the accepted papers.
- On the Complexity of Minimum Path Cover with Subpath Constraints for Multi-assembly by Romeo Rizzi, Alexandru I. Tomescu and Veli Mäkinen.
- SWAP-Assembler: Scalable and Efficient Genome Assembly towards Thousands of Cores, Jintao Meng and Yanjie Wei.
- Near-optimal Assembly for Shotgun Sequencing with Noisy Reads, Ka-Kit Lam, Asif Khalak and David Tse.
- ILP-based Maximum Likelihood Genome Scaffolding by James Lindsay, Hamed Salooti, Alex Zelikovsky and Ion Mandoiu.
RNA-Seq and Technology
- BADGE: A novel Bayesian model for accurate abundance quantification and differential analysis of RNA-seq data by Jingua Gu, Xiao Wang, Leena Hilakivi-Clarke, Robert Clarke and Jianhua Xuan.
- Adaptive Compressed Genome Sequencing Using Depth First Search Strategy by Zeinab Taghavi.
- Piecing the puzzle together: A revisit to transcription reconstruction problem RNA-seq by Yan Huang, Yin Hu and Jinze Liu
- Fast Lossless Compression via Cascading Bloom Filters, Roye Rozov, Ron Shamir and Eran Halperin.
- PuFFIN – A Parameter-free Method to Build Nucleosome Maps from Paired-end Reads by Anton Polishko, Evelien Bunnik, Karine Le Roch and Stefano Lonardi.
- Assembly-free Genome Comparison based on Next-Generation Sequencing Reads and Variable Length Patterns, by Matteo Comin and Michele Schimd.
- ARYANA: Aligning Reads by Yet Another Approach by Milad Gholami, Aryan Arbabi, Ali Sharifi-Zarchi, Hamidreza Chitsaz and Mehdi Sadeghi.
- ProbeAlign: Incorporating high-throughput sequencing-based structure probing information into ncRNA homology search by Ping Ge, Cuncong Zhong and Shaojie Zhang.
- CASPER: Context-Aware Scheme for Paired-End Read from high-throughput amplicon sequencing by Sunyoung Kwon, Byunghan Lee and Sungroh Yoon.
- Detecting Epigenetic Motifs in Low Coverage and Metagenomics Settings by Noam D. Beckmann, Sashank Karri, Ali Bashir and Gang Fang.
- A better sequence-read simulator program for metagenomics by Stephen Johnson, Brett Trost, Jeffrey Long, Vanessa Pittet and Anthony Kusalik.
- Gene finding in metatransciptomic sequences by Wazim Mohammed Ismail, Yuzhen Ye and Haixu Tang.