How Does NextSeq 500 Compare With MiSeq and HiSeq?




Illumina’s New year Bonanza came on time this year at JPM 2014. Announcing two new highthroughput sequencing systems NextSeq 500 and HiSeq X Ten, Illumina did not disappoint many. Illumina’s NextSeq 500 is the first desktop highthroughput sequencing system, that can perform Whole-Genome Sequencing, Exome Sequencing and RNA-Seq. NextSeq 500 can run sequencing experiments in […]

IonTorrent Sales Beat MiSeq Again: Macquarie Report




IonTorrent beats Illumina’s MiSeq again in the benchtop sequencing machine market, according to the latest report by Macquarie report. BioIT world reporting on the Macquarie’s analysis says that overall the benchtop sequencers market is led by IonTorrent with 62% of the benchtop sequencing market share and MiSeq with the remaining 38% of the market share. IonTorrent’s PGM has […]

Illumina’s 2012 Fourth Quarter Highlights




Illumina announced the fourth quarter financial results yesterday. Illumina’s revenue during the fourth quarter of 2012 is $309 million, which is a 24% increase compared to the revenue of fourth quarter of 2011. Overall in the year 2012, Illumina’s revenue increased 9% from $1.06 billion in year 2011 to $1.15 billion in the year 2012. […]

NextGenSeek Stories This Week (11/1/13)




It is a pretty exciting week for all things next-generation sequencing. Illumina opened the floodgate with two acquisitions and new developments for MiSeq and HiSeq 2500. Life Technologies partnered with Boston CHildren’s hospital to start a new clinical genomics company, Claritas Genomics. PacBio laid out its plans for the year 2013. Even the ever reticent, […]

Illumina Announces Future Upgrades for MiSeq and HiSeq 2500 at JMP 2013




Illumina announced a bunch of improvements one can expect in the future for its benchtop sequencer MiSeq and its big sequencer HiSeq 2500.  Longer reads and more amount of data per run .  Announcing the improvements at the JMP 2013, Illumina said its “new ordered array flow cell design will increase cluster density, enable higher […]